Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rapid Miner & Myrrix

Another new thing I learned from Brad Cox, Rapid Miner software seemed to be heavily used in the homeland security / defense sectors.

Here is a short introductory video.

It seems it does not scale well to large models but have an excellent UI which helps visualize the data.

As a follow up, I got this from Dave Laxer:

Did you know about RADoop?  RADoop = RapidMiner + Hadoop.

It seems it is an effort to scale rapid miner to larger models.

Slightly related, I got a link to Myrrix from Charles Martin. It seems to be a recommendation engine on top of Mahout headed by Sean Owen

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I know, but do you know any software for scaling large models?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for promoting Radoop here. I have heard great things about GraphLab recently, so I would love to have a conversation on distributed machine learning with you. Contact me if you have some time for that.
    Thanks, Zoltan

    ReplyDelete